• The Flying Fish

    From Sydney to the Gold Coast to Sweden




    (Video Links below)

    I spent almost a year training at Quasar Trapeze learning every aspect of flying trapeze that I could.
    Flying, catching pulling lines, learning the rig...

    It was Christmas 2005 when I was asked to 'fill in' for a few weeks at Silver's Circus in Melbourne at the Docklands.
    This would be my first taste of performing my passion in the circus.

    To be in the show, not watching it.

    Taking the bull by the horns, I went with the blessing of my boss at the time, he knowing full well that I probably would not return.

    He was right.

    I headed back to Sydney on New Years Eve and within the week had quit my job, packed all my possessions (or what I could fit) onto the back of my motorcycle, ridden to the Gold Coast and began full time training with Trix Circus.

    Here I spent almost 7 full days a week learning flying trapeze.
    I also began to learn Korean Cradle and Cradle, along with Swinging Trapeze and group acrobalance.

    Flying Trapeze dominated my life, but with it came the Russian Swing.
    I was in awe of this discipline and after many painful falls, I managed to perform the straight jump across to catch.
    Having a russian frame on the catch presented many new tricks to be performed also.

    It was an amazing experience to give life away and focus on all these new found toys!

    It was a short 8 months after my arrival that the troupe we had managed to put together, headed to Sweden to the illustrious 'Levade' show, a horse show run by Circus Scott.

    We enjoyed 2 months sauntering around the Swedish landscapes flying in what was my first 'big top'.


    Please feel free to watch my first promo videos here:




     

    The Story thus far:

    Jo Mion (a.k.a Joanne Sandra Mion), was born in Thailand on the 20th February, 1979. Raised in a myriad of Australian landscapes, she once called the seaside of Sydney her Home.

    Shows

    ☆2011/12 Cirque Du Soleil: Zaia (Macau)☆ 2010 Circus Vargas: The Flying Tabares (California, USA)☆ 2010 Florentine Circus (Israel)☆ 2010 The Flying Ramos (Rose Bowl Pasadena)☆ 2010 Shrine Circus: The Flying Tunizianis (USA)☆ 2009 Cirque D'Hiver: The Bulldancers (Paris)☆ 2009 Netherland National Circus: The Bulldancers (UK)☆ 2008 Circo Atayde Hermanos: The Flying Poemas (Mexico)☆ 2007 Ringling Bros: The Flying Poemas (USA)☆ 2006 Levade Circus Scott: 90 Degress (Sweden)☆ 2006 Trix Circus: The Flying Rodleigh's (Australia)☆ 2005 Silvers Circus (Australia)☆

    Currently

    Sadly after the Cirque show 'Zaia' was closed, Jo has returned to Australia, this time to start fresh in the City of Melbourne and is teaching petite volante and all manner of circus skills for Westside Circus & Circus Oz in their Public, Community & Outreach programs.

    Jo awaits the next adventure.

    ☆☆☆To be continued....